Skip to content
- Due to economic reasons, only the upper sideband Of an AM wave is transmitted, but at the receiving station, there is a facility for generating the carrier. Show that if a device is available which can multiply two signals, then it is possible to recover the modulating signal at the receiver station.
- For an amplitude modulated wave, the maximum amplitude is found to be 10 V while the minimum amplitude is found to be 2 V. Determine the modulation index V. What would be the value Of V if the minimum amplitude is zero volt?
- A modulating signal is a square wave, as shown in Fig. 15.14.
- A carrier wave of peak voltage 12 V is used to transmit a message signal. What should be the peak voltage of the modulating signal in order to have a modulation index of 75%,
- Is it necessary for a transmitting antenna to be at the same height as that of the receiving antenna for line-of-sight communication? A TV transmitting antenna is 81m tall. How much service area can it cover if the receiving antenna is at the ground level?
- Digital signals (i) Do not provide a continuous set of values, (ii) Represent values as discrete steps,(iii) Can utilize binary system, and
- Frequencies in the UHF range normally propagate by means of: (a) Ground waves.
- Which of the following frequencies will be suitable for beyond-the-horizon communication using sky waves?
- Write the truth table for the circuits given in Fig. 14.48 consisting of NOR gates only. Identify the logic operations (OR, AND, NOT) performed by the two circuits.
- Write the truth table for circuit given in Fig. 14.47 below consisting of NOR gates and identify the logic operation (OR, AND, NOT) which this circuit is performing.
error: Content is protected !!